Today’s project was going to be a Kawasaki Rose, which I had scheduled from skimming through my hair accessory pins and spotting this one. This is another case of “should have researched it more first!” because it turns out that it’s origami, something I know zero of. If you’re into origami, check out this awesome PDF tutorial for it!
Given that, I switched gears a bit and went with a pair of Miniature Bowtie Clippies.
- (2) covered hair clips
- (2) 3.75″ lengths of 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon
- (2) 2″ lengths of 3/8″ of coordinating grosgrain ribbon
- hot glue gun
- Cut your lengths of ribbon. The longer one will be the bowtie body; the shorter will be the center wrap-around. You can make the body lengths a bit shorter if you want!
- Flip the body length upside down and hot glue one end of the body to the center.
- Hot glue the other end of the body to the center.
- Hot glue one end of the length of wrap-around to the back center of the body.
- Wrap the ribbon around the entire center of the body, then hot glue where it meets to the back center once again.
- Trim off excess from the wrap-around.
- Admire your bowties!
- Hot glue the backside of the bowties to your covered hair clips, and you’re done!
Tomorrow’s project is Cauliflower “Mac & Cheese”!